Saturday, February 09, 2013

French Pharmacy Top Picks: Review #1


If you've ever been to Paris, maybe you were like me and stared at the French women in awe. My first trip there, I admired their natural beauty and promised myself that I would discover their beauty secrets. Luckily, my friend lives over there, and she's a wonderful source of information.  After talking to her, and reading other people's blogs, I found some wonderful products that no woman should be without! During my most recent visit to the City of Light, I stocked up on all the essentials.  Now that I have tried them for myself, I am ready to reveal what I believe are the best french beauty products ever.  This is the first post in a series of detailed reviews....here we go!

This first product is definitely at the top of the list. It's called Avibon, and to say I'm impressed at its effectiveness would be the biggest understatement ever. Although it's widely available at any French pharmacy, you'll have to ask the pharmacist to grab it for you since they don't stock it over-the-counter. I'm just guessing, but the reason could be that Avibon has a high Vitamin A, or retinoic acid, content. Vitamin A, as you may already know, is used for anti-aging, fighting wrinkles, erasing scars, and clearing acne. It looks and feels a lot like vaseline, but the similarities end there. Massage a pea-sized amount on your face before you go to bed (you can warm it up in your hands first to soften it), and you'll wake up with incredibly soft and glowing skin.  I have suffered from hormonal acne for years, mostly around my chin and jawline, and after about two months of regular use my skin has never looked and felt this good. Even after using it once, I noticed a difference in my scars. It's safe to say that my search for that one magical elixir is over, and that I can bid farewell to my harsh prescription acne medications forever.

Avibon sells for around 7 euros in France (holy, affordable), and like I said before, you can find it at any French pharmacy. On the other hand, it's almost impossible to find in Canada and the States. Amazon and Ebay sell it occasionally, but it's awfully expensive, and that's not including the shipping charges.  There's also a pharmacy in NYC that carries it, but other than that, I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Luckily, you only need to use this product sparingly, so a tube should last about six months or so, or maybe even longer.  I've used mine daily since I returned from Paris in January, and I am not even halfway through.

So, if you ever have the opportunity to visit Paris, do yourself a favour and stock up on this amazing pommade. Trust me, you won't regret it! :)






No comments: