Saturday, March 27, 2010

Earth Hour - TO style!


Fellow Torontonians who neglected to participate in this year's Earth Hour celebration really missed out tonight. I arrived at Dundas Square in plenty of time to secure a frontrow spot for my friend Jean and I...boy am I glad I got there early! The free concerts were totally worth waiting for, even though my hands are still frostbitten an hour post-party :P. The live performances by renowned Canadian artists Chantal Kreviazuk and Jarvis Church were spectacular, and the MC's for the evening (BT's Kevin Frankish and the stunning Dina Pugliese) did a mighty fine job despite having to "stretch" for time. Some other highlights of the evening: Mayor David Miller posed with the crowd, Chantal's intimate performance used recycled energy, and WFF's founder congratulated Toronto for its environmental efforts. All of us shared a special moment as we watched all the buildings and billboards around us go dark while listening to Chantal sing live. Not surprisingly, everyone who showed up to this worthwhile event warmly welcomed each speaker and performer...as always I was proud to be Canadian, and it was another unforgettable evening spent in my favourite city :).

No comments: