Saturday, April 07, 2007

a mother's love






i know you all miss your precious goddaughter more than you admit, so i know none of you would dare to roll your eyes and think to yourselves, "another goddamn post about the goddamn cat!" so what if she is a former dragqueen? we're all family and you love her, so keep reading....

on thursday night, it dawned on me that my ray of sunshine has not been eating. in fact, it had been about 2 weeks since i had filled her food bowl and the only explanation for my oversight was denial. frantically, i called adam at kap's and informed him of my concern.

"please tell me that you've been feeding our daughter!!" i exclaimed.

he hadn't. not since i had been to the dr!

shit. deep down, i've always known i am only deserving of a goldfish, and this confirms it. but i LOVE her, and i feel my heart rate slow as ad reassures me that he'll pay the vet bill.

later this afternoon, i confide to my manager about why i am so preoccupied. then, on my lunch break, i call ad about 14 times until he answers his cell and beg him to buy minn her old food and a can of tuna.

well.....it's no surprise that ad ran out and bought the entire cat food department at shoppers. he phoned me at work to proudly announce that he had completed the task and when i thanked him profusely, he grumbled, "well, she's my daughter, too." awwww.

so, these pictures pretty much speak for themselves. minn devoured her whiskas, and as per my suggestion, proceeded to work off the calories on her alpine scratcher. everything is back to normal, meaning the claws are back out.

No comments: