Thursday, January 18, 2007

Best Steakhouse in TO





Ad and I have recently initiated our latest project which involves searching for Toronto's Best Steakhouse. Once a month, Addy and I are going to visit a steakhouse recommended to us via friends, websites, etc. Criteria will be based upon a number of factors including host/hostess greeting, ambience/atmosphere/environment, extensiveness of wine list, price, service, and, not surprisingly, taste.
The first contestant was Le Biftheque (www.lebiftheque.com). For starters, we ordered the meaty portobello mushrooms served atop a sizable portion of leafy greens. Ad giggled with joy when our appetizer arrived along with his chilled Corona. Immediately, I knew we were off to a great beginning...or so I thought. The frown that quickly appeared across Addy's face when he began to butter his warm dinner roll left me questioning our meal choice. For the butter was cold and barely spreadable, which left Addy slumped deep into his booth until our server appeared with our parmesan-covered caesar salads.
"They're back in the game!" I exclaimed to myself as I watched the young man accross from me gobble up his fresh salad. Amused, I smiled as I quietly finished my own, just as the main attraction arrived at our table. A 24 oz. T-bone and fries for my hungry man, and a more modest New York striploin for myself served alongside a scoop of garlic mashed potatoes. We each had a glass of red wine too; I chose a glass of Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile, while Ad settled on E&J Gallo (my recommendation). Delicious!! In fact, I even considered that my boyfriend might've briefly been transformed into the Tazmanian Devil! I discreetly had to remind Addy that we try to use our best table manners at nice restaurants. Oh, well. Despite Ad's protests, he agreed to share a slice of tantalizing apple crumble and we nibbled at the dessert as we discussed our experience together. When the bill was dropped off at our table, Ad was too stuffed to remark about having to pay himself. Fortunately, the damage totalled $140....not bad for a nice piece of meat with all the extras!








Stay tuned for next month's visit to Ruth Chris Steakhouse with Kap!




No comments: